Wednesday, July 19, 2017

DIY Ruler Sign Welcome Back to School

Happy Wednesday!  Today I am participating in a craft challenge called Craft Lightning, where all of the projects have to be created within a 15 minute time frame and this month's theme is Back to School.  I love being challenged to be creative within specific parameters.  It ups the inspiration quotient and sets my mind to brainstorming the possibilities!  Our hosts for the Back to School Craft Lightning are Angie from Country Chic Cottage, Carolina from 30 Minute Crafts and Kara from Happy Go Lucky Blog  and great group of designers are sharing new projects each day this week!


Here's how I made my fun and colorful DIY Ruler Sign:

STEP ONE:
Gather nine wooden rulers and your favorite rainbow colored Tombow Dual Brush Pens.

STEP TWO:
Color each wooden ruler a different color.  This is quick and easy with the Tombow Dual Brush Pens AND there is NO drying time.  Perfect for the impatient crafter, like me!  I really love the transparent stained effect that these pens give the unfinished wood.

STEP THREE:
Attach the rulers to a Kunin® Classicfelt™ 9” x 12” Craft Cut in Sandstone with Tombow MONO Multi XL Liquid Glue.  The MONO Multi has a quick set up time and works on a variety of surfaces.

STEP FOUR:
Spell out your greeting using JOY self adhesive embroidered letters.  I selected WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL using the 3" Varsity Block and the 1 1/2" Cooper Style letters.  Then just peel off the backing paper and attach!  

STEP FIVE:
Attach white ball fringe to the bottom edge of the sign and a black ribbon hanger to the top with Tombow MONO Multi XL Liquid Glue. Embellish with bows.

STEP SIX:
Cut pencils and attach to right and left side of sign to finish.  

Personalize your DIY Ruler Sign with your school's colors or your teacher's name to create a unique gift for Back to School.



Now it's time to click on the link below and check out all of the creative and inspirational projects that this group of fabulous designers has created for the Craft Lightning Back to School challenge!



Thanks for stopping by!
Creatively, Beth

I have been compensated by the companies linked in this post, but all of the ideas and opinions are my own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! This is the cutest thing ever!! I love it and would love to have this in my classroom. Thanks for sharing.

Angie Holden said...

I love this idea Beth! Thanks for joining!